How to decide what file format you would like your analog 35mm slides to be transferred to.
By deciding as to what are you going to use it for, you might like to see the following options:
- Digitize slides to preserve for generations to come.
- Enjoy on an HD TV, Tablet, Smart Phones, Computers (PC or Mac).
- E-mail images, upload to website or Social media ( Instagram or FB).
- Good for Powerpoint Presentation or any other documentation.
- Print up to 5x7 size.
Then you would need JPEG basic scan
- Hi quality digital archiving.
- Much better quality than Basic slide scanning.
- Good for Project presentation and Photo Editing.
- Print up to 11 x 14.
You would need Jpeg Hi Resolution Scan
Note: You would need TIFF files
- Tiff file slide scan is for graphic editing purpose only.
- Please remember that you cannot E-mail Tiff files (too big).
- Tiff is NOT for TV or computer viewing pleasure.
- Tiff files need a reasonably powerful computer to handle.
- Highest image quality you can get from your slides.
- Good for Hi quality lossless archiving and heavy photo editing.
You would need Tiff Hi Resolution Scan